Sunday, March 12, 2017

Lent

I told a friend I was going to try to blog more for Lent because I wanted to be more positive for Lent than giving up something. Of course, we're 10 or so days into Lent, and I haven't blogged. I can make many excuses too busy, too sick, sick mother, sick cat, and all are true, but I just also haven't done so.

Part of that may be the tangled way I feel about Lent. As a lapsed Catholic, but practicing agnostic, I am always confused by how I feel about lent. If I don't believe then why am I atoning? If I do believe, why aren't I atoning? What am I atoning for? Having to answer these sorts of questions may be one reason I haven't sat down to write.

Another reason, procrastination. I am an awful procrastinator. Now I have been sick (right now my left ear is stopped up from allergies), but that doesn't mean I can't make the time. I just keep saying, "Later." THat's my problem with many things...I'll do it later...to do what, right now? I don't know, usually, it's not more than simply sit with family and chill out with tv, but that's really not a good excuse either since I have a laptop and a tablet.

Anyway, 10 days in, and I am going to try to write. It will do my soul and my mind good to get things off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment